Job Objective: In support of the company mission, the goal of the Operations Assistant (OA) is to provide a layer of operational support to the program, under the direction of the Program Manager (PM). The OA accomplishes labor related to quality control of the warehouse and facilities.
• Attend regular meetings with supervisor to stay on the same page and monitor goals;
• Cleaning, repairing and organizing gear;
• Organizing and restocking supplies;
• Restock/recharge first aid kits, epi kits, and comm device kits;
• Field evacuations and shuttle driving;
• Ensure fleet assets meet Minimum Operating Standards, including performing inspections;
• Laundry and errands;
• General cleaning and upkeep of all facilities;
• Maintain system of communicating which vehicles are cleared for use in the field and which are
• Report any found problems in any duties to PM;
• Other duties and projects as assigned by the PM;
Working Conditions: This job is based in Felts, ID and is full-time July- September. Part-time work may be available outside of the normal operating season. A willingness to maintain a flexible schedule and work weekends and/or holidays is necessary. There is housing on-site available during work shifts.
Compensation/Benefits: For benefit qualifications and plan details, see Compensation Plan, HR Handbook, and individual policies available from manager/director and HR Administrator.
• Base pay: $15/hr
• Overtime at 1.5 times regular pay as approved by supervisor
• Paid Sick Leave
• 401(k) and/or Roth 401(k) Retirement Savings Plans with vested employer contributions
• Company Established Pro Deals and Discounts
• Housing available on-site during work season (July- September)
• This position requires ability to frequently lift, push and pull weights up to fifty (50) lbs, as well as frequent bending, stooping, and squatting over the course of a full work shift. Duties require fine manual dexterity to perform basic tasks;
• Meet company and DOT driving requirements;
• Must pass a background check;
About The Wildland Trekking Company
Wildland Trekking takes adults and families hiking into the world’s most beautiful and wild landscapes, and making sure every detail is carefully orchestrated to make our guest’s experience unforgettable. Guides bring our destinations to life through dialed-in logistics, wonderful meals, fascinating interpretation. Our backcountry and basecamp trips include off the beaten path itineraries, top-of-the-line gear and fantastic backcountry cooking; our inn-based tours feature hand-picked inns, hotels and lodges that put you right in the action; and our stock and porter supported trips offer a rare opportunity to explore the backcountry with light day packs.