Job Purpose: The Assistant Preschool Teacher supports the well-being of the children in the preschool program through daily mentorship and program support.
• Support the Lead Teacher in the daily operations and supervision of children in the preschool program (9am-1pm), 5 days per week (M-F)
• Supervise children in the early care program, 8:30am-9:00am
• Assist in set-up and clean-up of the program facilities and places
• Assist Preschool Team with the development and implementation of daily practices and routines, as well as seasonal, place-based, emergent curriculum that promotes early childhood development and deep nature connection
• Participate in family community events
• Ensure the indoor and outdoor learning environments are in good condition to support safe, engaging, rich in experience, and positive child development
• Attend weekly Preschool Team meetings, Thorne all staff meetings, trainings, and professional development as schedule permits
Desired Skills and Abilities:
• Strong communication skills with parents, staff, and children
• Knowledge of and desire to learn about early childhood development, nature, science, and Colorado ecology
• Strong decision making skills to respond to risk management, emergencies, or difficult situations
• Ability and desire to support excellent place-based, child-centered, emergent curriculum
• Good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and roles, patiently and professionally
About Thorne Nature Experience
To build Earth stewardship by providing youth with joyful, hands-on, place-based environmental education experiences that foster an emotional connection to nature.