Passionate about inspiring kids and families to be outdoors? Love a great story and adventure? Do you have a penchant for entertaining? Help us make an irreplaceable impact in how people connect to nature. Whether you are an emerging or seasoned educator and guide, a subject matter enthusiast, or a behind-the-scenes operator, Trackers Earth is the place for you! Through your training and time working with our camps, you support and develop the skills needed to teach what we call Tracking.
-Tracking for Kids-
From wilderness survival to fishing, from story camps to blacksmithing, the timeless Arts of Tracking define how we share these skills. Tracking develops incredible feats of observational awareness. Tracking maps lost puzzles and unseen connections. Tracking changes how we see the wilderness and our relationship with it. Through tracking, kids rediscover and remember their natural connection to family, what is wild, and multiple generations beyond their lifetime.
-About the Rocky Mountain Regional Director-
The Rocky Mountain Regional Director is a key, full-time operator role based out of the Portland market. As a seasoned people leader, educator, and operations head, the position is integral to serving thousands of families in the Trackers Earth community.
Our team environment can be demanding, requiring intense dedication and caretaking for program safety and standards. Our programs are dynamic–including format, location, and ages of participants; we are seeking team members who will not just assimilate but thrive in variable environments while delivering fun and inclusive outdoor experiences for kids and families.
• Must have worked with kids and submit to a background check
• 7+ year experience in leading and operating programs
• 5+ years experience in ma
• Must meet CO guidelines and be eligible (or have) licensure as a director of a large child care center. Please only apply if you meet these requirements. Refer to PDF pages 8 and 9, Parts A and B, on this document https://www.sos.state.co.us/CCR/GenerateRulePdf.do?ruleVersionId=9309&fileName=12%20CCR%202509-8
• Lead a large number of adult teams across locations and disciplines. Responsibilities include daily scheduling, managing complex program logistics, and HR
• Be accountable for program safety, quality and standards
• Provide fun, engaging, and safe experiences for program participants and co-workers
• Exceed the expectations of Trackers Earth customers and families
• P&L Responsibility
• Relevant outdoor education experience
About Trackers Earth
Since 2004, kids and extended families in all their forms have journeyed on adventures with Trackers Earth and our Guides. We share the Arts of Tracking through stewardship and enduring outdoor skills. We commit to diverse, equitable and inclusive environments for participants and staff. We endeavor to grow with families, communities and individuals for the greater advancement and increased accessibility of these experiences. We define ourselves by multi-generational values and an ever deeper kinship to nature and the more than human world.
We have offices in Seattle, Denver, the Bay Area, and Portland.