Explore one of the great wilderness areas of Alaska as you lead groups of 3-5 clients on 4-9 day backpacking treks in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park, Lake Clark, Brooks Range and more.
We are a small wilderness adventure company and we only do multi-day trips. So you won’t spend your first summer doing day hikes or glacier walks – you’ll be out in the backcountry leading groups on week long adventures through country that will take your breath away.
Guide Duties and Responsibilities
– Prepare gear and food for treks
– Meet and greet clients, run orientation meeting with clients
– Guide groups on 4-9 day treks in trail-less backcountry
– Post-trip report with owner
Most trips are based out of McCarthy Alaska which is where you will stay when not in the backcountry.
Current WFR certification
You must arrive with the skills and confidence to be an effective wilderness guide. You will be provided excellent beta by the owner including maps, routes, notes, photos, waypoints, etc. But you should feel totally at home in the backcountry.
- Rock solid backcountry skills/experience
- Excellent navigation/route-finding skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills
- Total confidence in your wilderness travel abilities
- Ability to work with diverse range of clients
Alaska backcountry experience a huge plus
Alaska residency a plus
Guiding experience preferred
About Trek Alaska
Trek Alaska provides guided wilderness treks in Alaska's most beautiful and remote regions with an emphasis on Wrangell-St. Elias National Park. Most of our trips originate out of McCarthy Alaska.
We have been in business for 20 years with a focus on small group wilderness experiences.