Shift: Thursday Noon – 6 pm, F – Sunday 7 am – 6 pm
Non-Exepmt, Pay Range: $18 – $21, DOE
The Cook is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the kitchen, including meal preparation, compliance with food handling standards, menu planning, keeping the kitchen and dining areas clean, and assisting the Lead Cook to meet the needs of the patients.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Assists with food budgeting and menu planning.
– Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements pertaining to food handling, food preparation, food services, the kitchen and its operation, and the dining hall.
– Engaging with clients regarding nutrition and cooking education.
– Overseeing client assistance with meal preparation.
– Assisting the Lead Cook as needed and coordinating with other departments.
– Provides support for clinical staff.
– Become familiar with 12 step and clinical processes.
– Follows and enforces rules and disciplinary procedures of the clients. Reports any inappropriate patient behaviors, in writing.
– In the event of a medical or clinical emergency or a natural disaster, (i.e., fire) safeguards lives and initiates the crisis management plan.
– Participates in Quality Assurance functions as assigned.
– Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Food service experience preferred
Possess or quickly attain a current First Aid Basic and CPR or greater.
A high school diploma or equivalent.
Demonstrate a basic understanding of the disease concept of Chemical Dependency through education, training, or life experience.
Demonstrate an aptitude for empathy and rapport building with patients.
Demonstrates the following skills: respect, discretion-regarding self-disclosure, openness to feedback and giving objective feedback.
Ability to pass a pre-employment background and drug screen.
If in recovery, must have at least one continuous year of sobriety/abstinence.
SerVe Safe Certification
Ability to communicate effectively.
Basic Computer Skills
Able to stand, walk, move for the majority of shifts.
Can bend, twist, kneel, walk, and move in the course of duties.
Lift weights up to 25 pounds regularly, and weight of up to 50 pounds occasionally
About Triple Divide Lodge
Do you want your job to make a difference?
Do you want to affect the lives of young people who are struggling to overcome addiction?
At Triple Divide Lodge, Elevating Body, Mind, and Spirit is our mission. We are a dynamic residential treatment program assisting adolescent males engage in substance use recovery. Triple Divide Lodge is a treatment center located on an historic cattle ranch in Northwestern Montana.
Our program brings together the best of residential and adventure programming. We recognize the interconnected nature of people and the need to have that same support and collaboration in our team.