This position is an outdoor Lead Instructor working at Twin Eagles Wilderness School, a family-centered outdoor educational organization. You will be mentoring youth in nature connection and wilderness living skills, inspiring youth to find their unique gifts through their connection with nature, community, and self, ensure the safety of all participants and serve as a positive role model for youth and staff through a true passion for learning.
• Must have one to three years professional experience with nature connection mentoring programs or services ages 6-18 in an outdoor setting
• Must be certified in First Aid, CPR and either Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder training, provide proof of certification
• Must be 18 years or older, have a valid driver's license, and agree to a background check
• Physically fit and in shape
• Ability to safely use and maintain a variety of different tools and gear and ensure that for others
• Commitment to joyful, hard work
• Keep a clean, orderly environment/keep a clean and orderly physical appearance when/where required
• Safety and hazard awareness competency
• Confidently demonstrate outdoor leadership skills and positive role modeling
• Self-directed while also working joyfully in a collaborative team environment
• Self-motivated, accountable and have strong organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills with people including parents, children and families
About Twin Eagles Wilderness School
Twin Eagles is a family-centered outdoor educational organization serving families and communities through out the Inland Northwest. We offer programs out of a deep love for the Earth and for our role as humans to be stewards of it. That stewardship is a result of connection. Wilderness survival, outdoor leadership, community building and mentoring are but a few of the tools and approaches we use to facilitate that connection. We hope you’ll join us!