Looking to fill the position of Program Director for Twin Eagles Wilderness School, an outdoor educational environmental organization based in north Idaho and serving the greater Inland Northwest. The main responsibilities of this position are to facilitate and implement all facets of youth summer programs ensuring a high-quality culture of deep nature connection mentoring for all people participating. This position serves as the primary liaison to everyone in the program and is representing Twin Eagles Wilderness School powerfully and positively while holding the vision of the programs, including curriculum and learning process.
• Must have at least three years’ experience working as an outdoor Instructor in nature-based mentoring models of education.
• Must be certified as a Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness First Aid and provide proof of certification
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Must agree to and receive a clean background check.
• Physically fit and in shape
• Ability to safely use and maintain a variety of different tools and gear and ensure that for others
• Safety and hazard awareness competency
• Powerfully demonstrate outdoor leadership skills and positive role modeling
• Highly self-directed while also working joyfully in a collaborative team environment
• Highly self-motivated, accountable and have strong organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills with people including parents, children and families
• Powerfully and positively give and receive feedback for positive growth as part of the mentoring experience
• Ability to take directives when needed
• Provide parent education and support throughout the time of programs in various forms (ex. parent talks, 1:1 at drop off and pick up each day of camps, parent phone calls, etc.)
About Twin Eagles Wilderness School
Twin Eagles is a family-centered outdoor educational organization serving families and communities through out the Inland Northwest. We offer programs out of a deep love for the Earth and for our role as humans to be stewards of it. That stewardship is a result of connection. Wilderness survival, outdoor leadership, community building and mentoring are but a few of the tools and approaches we use to facilitate that connection. We hope you’ll join us!