Two Coyotes Wilderness School is hiring for a full-time Program Director. Two Coyotes offers nature-based mentorship to more than 1000 people annually through school day, family, rites of passage, summer camp, mentor-in-training, and partnership programs. While our programs are successful and well-established, Two Coyotes is currently undergoing a transformative process in partnership with CEIO to become a liberated organization inside and out. The Program Director plays a crucial role in this process, connecting our collective long-term vision to the daily experience within our organization for staff, youth, and families. This position is an exciting opportunity for a nature-based leader to help shape our program vision while developing and supporting our staff as we evolve and grow.
The Program Director is a member of the Administrative Team (along with the Finance Director, Operations Manager, and Executive Director), oversees the Field Team (including site managers and up to 35 part-time, seasonal mentors), and reports to the Executive Director. This is a full-time (40 hours/week on a flexible schedule) work-from-home position, with regular visits to locations across Connecticut (current programs are in Granby, Killingworth, Newtown, and Bridgeport).
– Oversee high-quality, well-organized, emotionally and physically safe programming in the field that embodies Two Coyotes’ culture, mission, and goals.
– Collaborate with the Staff Leadership Circle to meet the needs of field staff around professional development and support.
– Coordinate and co-lead quarterly staff meetings and check-in regularly with field staff in order to foster a staff culture built on mutual trust, respect, open communication, and shared accountability.
– Communicate with families and field staff to provide insight into and information about programs in session.
– Communicate between families and field staff to determine how to best meet a child’s needs within Two Coyotes’ capacities.
– Work with the Administrative team to ensure the smooth launch of programs each season, including scheduling, registrations, staffing, site logistics, and marketing.
– Commit to support the evolution and transformation of Two Coyotes’ organizational culture and programs by:
>> Actively participating on the Equity Committee and the CEIO Core Partnership Team
>> Actively engaging with the Nature Connection Network around decolonizing nature connection and addressing the harm in our work
>> Supporting the development of community-based partnerships and programs
Compensation and benefits:
– $60,000 salary
– 15 days paid vacation plus 8 paid sick days
– Worker’s Compensation
– Annual professional development stipend
See full list of Qualifications in job description posted here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hskqJ7Io6aj4cERr5PIqIYrC7BJAhfUFDoWUSF88Nhg/edit?usp=sharing
- Fluency in Office 365 and Google Suite products
- Reliable access to a private vehicle, and valid driverʼs license
- Willingness and ability to spend significant time outdoors in all weather conditions to mentor/support field staff, and interact with children and families
- Willingness and ability to spend significant time on a computer to collaborate with colleagues, communicate with families, and carry out administrative responsibilities
About Two Coyotes Wilderness School
Two Coyotes Wilderness School is a nonprofit mentoring organization that connects people to nature, community, and self. Through our programs, we seek to raise future ancestors who are interconnected with nature, embody caring community, and are whole, healthy beings.