Aerial Inspection and Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the construction, inspection and maintenance of land activities located at the U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC). Activities include, but are not limited to, zip lines, high and low ropes elements, continuous belay systems, climbing walls and belayed jumps. Work is performed year-round in an outdoor environment. Technicians can either be hired as full-time, benefits-eligible employees or seasonal employees. This position reports directly to the Outdoor Activities Manager.
• Inspect, repair and perform preventative maintenance on all elements and structures associated with Land Activities at the USNWC
• Assist in the construction of new activities – complete courses, individual elements, and/or the remodeling of existing courses
• Ensure the safety of guests on highly trafficked activities by completing thorough, regular inspections of all courses and systems with strong attention to detail
• Maintain availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
• Familiar with quality and safety standards set by the Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) and other relevant organizations
• Strong background in working at heights, rigging, ropes course management, carpentry, or other related fields
• Experience working safely and effectively with hand tools and power tools
• Ability to contribute to a specialized, team-oriented work environment
• Ability to work outdoors for sustained periods of time under varying weather conditions
• Work comfortably and responsibly at heights of up to 100 feet and occasionally in confined spaces
• Ability to lift and carry at least 75 pounds over various terrain
• Ability to frequently stand, hang, stoop, reach, climb and visually inspect to identify safety hazards
• Facility Access
• Staff Discount Program
• Health, Dental, Vision
• Flexible Spending Account
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. We are a team whose culture and work environment facilitate real engagement through real experiences. Since 2006, the USNWC has engaged all levels of participants through its activity passes, instruction, and youth programming as well as its festivals, races, and other outdoor events. Opportunities can be found at the USNWC for those interested in active summer jobs, a gateway into the outdoor lifestyle, or furthering your career in the outdoor industry.
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the USNWC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and con
About U.S. National Whitewater Center
The Whitewater Center is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. We are a team whose culture and work environment facilitate real engagement through real experiences. Since 2006, the Whitewater Center has engaged all levels of participants through its activity passes, instruction, youth programming, and festivals, races, and other outdoor events. Opportunities can be found at the Whitewater Center for those interested in active summer jobs, a gateway into the outdoor lifestyle, or furthering your career in the outdoor industry.