The Whitewater Center is seeking an individual to assist in the operation of the Retail business unit, including the Outfitters store. The staff, products, and overall experience in the Center’s retail environments are considered a vital extension of the USNWC brand and represent a unique opportunity to engage with guests.
The Assistant Retail Manager is primarily responsible for managing the sales staff and supporting the retail environment to assist guests and deliver an exceptional customer experience. The Assistant Retail Manager is an hourly role and reports to the Retail Manager.
• Coach and lead the retail team by selecting and training employees to ensure they are appropriately knowledgeable of USNWC products and services.
• Execute tactics to effectively immerse guests into outdoor industry trends and products.
• Monitor inventory and evaluate finances in order to improve sales and profit performance.
• Ensure execution of all visual merchandising standards.
• Maintain positive relationships with guests and regularly provide touch points on the retail floor.
• Constantly explore the latest industry products, technology, and trends in the outdoor apparel industry.
• Collaborate with Guest Services team to engage guests in a variety of manners including serving as an information hub, facilitating pass sales, and serving as an overall ambassador for the USNWC.
• Collaborate with the Marketing team in order to assure the delivery of a consistent brand experience to the guest.
• 2+ years retail management experience.
• Experience with technical outdoor gear and lifestyle apparel.
• Thorough understanding and experience with visual merchandising.
• Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
• Demonstrated ability to empower teams to meet high standards.
• Energetic, enthusiastic, effective communicator, and strategic leader.
• This position requires the ability to frequently lift and move items that weigh more than 50 pounds
About U.S. National Whitewater Center
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active lifestyle. Since 2006, the USNWC has been promoting access to the outdoors for all levels of participants through its 30+ land and water-based activities, outdoor instruction and certification programs, festivals, races, films, and various outdoor events throughout the year. Whether you visit the Center’s 1,300 acres on the Catawba River or engage in the brand’s mission through one of our off-site initiatives, the USNWC empowers guests to play, relax, and learn outside.