The Guest Services Supervisor at the Whitewater Center (Whitewater) assists in leading the team of front-line staff responsible for consistently creating a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all guests. The department provides exceptional customer care and clear communication with guests during the pass sales process, equipment rentals, and the Outfitters retail store. The ability to train and coach staff is critical to the success of this role, as is effective problem solving and strategic thinking. This position is an on-site, full-time, hourly role that reports directly to the Guest Services Manager.
• Responsible for the daily operations of the Guest Services department including opening and closing procedures.
• Responsible for ensuring that the team maintains high communication standards and provides excellent guest service.
• Train, coach, supervise, and advise on scheduling for all employees.
• Primarily field-focused leadership to maintain efficiency and productivity at Guest Service locations.
• Maintain up-to-date skill sets and abilities in activity policies and procedures and provide support as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Access to Whitewater Center’s pass activities
• Staff discount program and pro deals
• Health, Dental, Vision, FSA
Overview of Department
The Guest Services Department is responsible for creating a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all guests. The department provides exceptional customer care and clear communication with guests. Guest Services manages event production, private groups, retail operations, and all pass sales at the Whitewater Center.
Working at Whitewater
Whitewater’s mission is rooted in the belief that we all share a genetic code that compels us to play outside and share these experiences with others. This mission is accomplished through promoting access and opportunities to play outside and bring people together. Our approach is simple: Make it compelling and easy to engage with nature and invite others to join.
The Whitewater Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Whitewater Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The Whitewater Center is an employer that participates in the E-Verify program.
• Strong leadership, public speaking, and collaboration skills.
• Problem-solving mindset, with a desire to provide a positive guest experience.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Ability to think critically and make decisions independently.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and during other Whitewater events as needed.
• Must be able to work outdoors for sustained periods of time in all weather and environmental conditions.
• Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
• Must be able to bend, stand, lean, and kneel on a regular basis and for sustained periods of time.
• Must be able to safely self-transport over uneven terrain or in a confined space.
• Must be able to work in shared spaces with other employees and customers.
• All positions as Whitewater require employees to report and work onsit
About U.S. National Whitewater Center
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active lifestyle. Since 2006, the USNWC has been promoting access to the outdoors for all levels of participants through its 30+ land and water-based activities, outdoor instruction and certification programs, festivals, races, films, and various outdoor events throughout the year. Whether you visit the Center’s 1,300 acres on the Catawba River or engage in the brand’s mission through one of our off-site initiatives, the USNWC empowers guests to play, relax, and learn outside.