The Land Sport Operations Training Supervisor at Whitewater is responsible for leading and training the team of front-line staff responsible for assisting and guiding guests through the Whitewater Center’s land-based activities. The ability to train and coach staff, effective problem solving, and strategic thinking is critical to the success of this role. The Land Sport Operations Training Supervisor is an on-site, full-time, benefits eligible position that reports to the Land Sport Operations Manager.
• Responsible for daily operations of all Land Sports activities alongside other Supervisors/Assistant Managers.
• Responsible for the training program for all front-line land guides.
• Manage an efficient operation, demonstrate fiscal awareness, and continuously ensure the proper execution of tasks and utilization of resources.
• Ensure that the team maintains high safety standards and provides excellent guest experience.
• Involvement in basic maintenance and inspections of all activity equipment and structures.
• Maintain up-to-date skill sets and abilities in all Land areas and provide field support as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong understanding of operational systems for low/high challenge courses and climbing walls.
• Experience training employees at height.
• Strong leadership and public speaking skills.
• Ability to effectively supervise a team.
• Self-motivated, adaptable, and focused on the guest experience.
• Current First Aid and CPR certification.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and during other Whitewater events as needed.
• A degree in Commercial Recreation, Outdoor Education, or related field.
• A Level 2 or 3 ACCT Practitioner Certification
• Must be able to work outdoors for sustained periods of time in all weather and environmental conditions.
• Must be able to lift and carry at least 75 pounds.
• Must be able to bend, stand, lean, and kneel on a regular basis and for sustained periods of time.
• Must be able to safely self-transport over uneven terrain or in a confined space.
• Must be able to work in shared spaces with other employees and customers.
• All positions as Whitewater require employees to report and work onsite at Whitewater locations.
Access to Whitewater Center’s pass activities
Staff discount program and pro deals
Health, Dental, Vision, FSA
Paid Time Off
About U.S. National Whitewater Center
Working at Whitewater
Whitewater’s mission is rooted in the belief that we all share a genetic code that compels us to play outside and share these experiences with others. This mission is accomplished through promoting access and opportunities to play outside and bring people together. Our approach is simple: Make it compelling and easy to engage with nature and invite others to join.
The Whitewater Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Whitewater Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.