The Raft Operations Supervisor’s primary responsibility is oversight of guide scheduling and trip capacity management for the rafting operations of the USNWC. As part of the leadership team, the Raft Supervisor will also assist in managing the day to day operations, training, recruiting, emergency response calls, winter programming and other special projects as needed.
• Maintain a logistical framework for both weekly scheduling and raft capacity planning
• Be the direct liaison for booking groups with the Outdoor School and Groups Sales
• Create and implement strategies for efficient scheduling communications with staff
• Play a key role in the daily management of rafting operations, including but not limited to – engaging guest needs, staffing needs, emergency response calls, training guides, guiding trips, and assessing equipment
• Work with the management team to create operational efficiencies to further the growth of the department
• Maintain a keen awareness of how the brand is being represented and demonstrate a relentless pursuit of meeting the brand promise
• Facility Access
• Staff Discount Program
• Health, Dental, Vision Flexible
• Flexible Spending Account
Overview of Department
The Outdoor Activities Department is responsible for leading and supporting experiences in a variety of water and land-based sports. The department also instructs guests through the Whitewater Center’s Outdoor School and Summer Camps. Outdoor Activities employees engage with guests through an assortment of pass activities and help create memorable outdoor experiences.
Working at Whitewater
Whitewater is rooted in the belief that the active, outdoor lifestyle is for everyone. We are a team whose culture and work environment are dedicated to providing real engagement through authentic experiences. By promoting an active, outdoor lifestyle, we build community and opportunities for people to come together.
• A degree in Operations Management, Recreation Management, or another related field
• Prior experience guiding and training guides in up to class IV whitewater
• Strong skills with Microsoft Excel
• Prior experience teaching, coaching, and developing curriculum in a non-formal setting
• Prior management experience required, ideally managing a whitewater outfitter
• Current FA and CPR certification
The Raft Operations Supervisor must complete an approved raft guide training. Must have the ability to lift 75+ pounds. Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Safety-oriented, patient, organized, enthusiastic, and flexible
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively
• Wilderness Medicine certifications
About U.S. National Whitewater Center
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active lifestyle. Since 2006, the USNWC has been promoting access to the outdoors for all levels of participants through its 30+ land and water-based activities, outdoor instruction and certification programs, festivals, races, films, and various outdoor events throughout the year. Whether you visit the Center’s 1,300 acres on the Catawba River or engage in the brand’s mission through one of our off-site initiatives, the USNWC empowers guests to play, relax, and learn outside.