Team Development Facilitators at the Whitewater Center (Whitewater) provide challenging activities and insightful questions while leading groups through team development program options. Team Development programs include half and full-day experiences in High and Low Ropes, Wilderness Survival Instruction, and a variety of other tailored experiences. Paid training is available and required. Recruits must pass a written test and show proficiency in a skills assessment. This is an on-site, part-time, seasonal position that reports to the Land Sports Operations Manager.
• Conduct team development programs with guests in the field.
• Lead groups safely and efficiently through a series of Whitewater activities and instruction.
• Assess group information and goals to create appropriate programming.
• Inspect courses and gear pre/post use in accordance with Whitewater Center policy.
• Complete various client and program documentation (inspections, reports, group plans, and assessments).
• Communicate with a diverse group of participants, co-workers, and supervisors in a clear and effective manner.
• Pass a written test, show proficiency in skill assessment and complete ongoing tests/assessments to maintain a current knowledge and programming base for team development.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate the ability to use sound judgment, always keeping safety the top priority.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Comfortable with public speaking, instructional presentations and asking questions during thought-provoking and challenging group discussions.
• Ability to provide clear and concise safety and activity instructions.
• Maintain a team-focused mindset by contributing with a positive, supportive, and professional attitude.
• Must complete or have current First Aid and CPR Certificate.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and during other Whitewater events as needed.
• Background or interest in Outdoor Education.
• Prior Facilitator experience is very helpful.
• Must be able to work at a height of up to 120 feet, if facilitating High Ropes
• Must be able to safely self-transport over uneven terrain or in a confined space.
• Must be able to bend, lean, stand, and kneel on a regular basis and for sustained periods of time.
• Must be able to lift and move at least 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work outdoors for sustained periods of time and in all weather and environmental conditions.
• Must be able to work in shared spaces with other employees and customers.
• All positions at Whitewater require employees to report and work onsite at Whitewater locations.
• Access to Whitewater Center’s activity passes
• Staff discount program and pro deals
About U.S. National Whitewater Center
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active lifestyle. Since 2006, the USNWC has been promoting access to the outdoors for all levels of participants through its 30+ land and water-based activities, outdoor instruction and certification programs, festivals, races, films, and various outdoor events throughout the year. Whether you visit the Center’s 1,300 acres on the Catawba River or engage in the brand’s mission through one of our off-site initiatives, the USNWC empowers guests to play, relax, and learn outside.