Masters of Natural Resources – 1-year program – Scholarship funding available.
Positions start in August 2022.
Build the skills to change the world. A University of Idaho – Environmental Education and Science Communication (EESC) graduate student earns a Masters of Natural Resources in 10.5 months. While living at our incredible McCall Field Campus grads develop an array of professional skills and expertise. Applied coursework and targeted study in science communication, leadership, place-based education, and ecology, give our students what they need to earn a degree, make a difference, and get a job. Check out our program at https://www.uidaho.edu/cnr/gradschool-redefined or contact Gary S Thompson at [email protected]
EESC graduate students can expect to:
– Experience learning in new ways by taking experiential coursework in ecology, science communication, place-based education, and leadership.
– Gain outreach and instructional skills as a part of a mentored teaching practicum through our award-winning McCall Outdoor Science School (www.uidaho.edu/moss)
– Build interdisciplinary thinking skills to address complex socio-ecological issues.
– Enjoy a 1:6 faculty to graduate student ratio that ensures a student-centered approach to learning.
– Participate in a supportive, community-based, learning experience that prepares students for a wide range of professions.
– Take part in a once-in-a-lifetime trip into the Taylor Wilderness Research Station located in the heart of the Frank Church/River of No Return Wilderness.
About University of Idaho -McCall Outdoor Science School
The mission of the McCall Outdoor Science School is to transform individuals and communities through innovative research and educational experiences. We envision vibrant, diverse and inclusive communities, empowered to ask difficult questions and transform ways of thinking, to collaboratively and compassionately sustain the social and ecological systems that provide for us. Our faculty, staff and students value creativity, sustainability, diversity, inclusion, integrity, collaboration and reflection. To this end, we educate, lead, discover, create and communicate.