Two (2) positions will be filled and located out of Duchesne, Utah.
A Recreation Technician Crewmember performs assignments in support of the Recreation program located at the Ashley National Forest’s Ranger’s Office in Duchesne, Utah. The forest is interested in filling two Recreation Technician Crewmember positions from mid-May until Mid-August, with the possibility of extending later into the fall season depending on workload and budgetary considerations.
The Crewmember position’s base of operations will be Duchesne, Utah. The positions are 40 hours a week, and there may be government housing available.
To view the full Position Description and apply for this job, please go to this link: https://careers-usu.icims.com/jobs/6278/dev-recreation-technician-crewmember-duchesne-ucc-usfs/job?mobile=false&width=1290&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-420&jun1offset=-360
• A cooperative manner and the ability to serve as part of a team, but the ability to work independently. Work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Drive government vehicle as required for the position.
• Must successfully pass a fingerprint criminal history background check.
• U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and computer skills.
• Ability to commit to the service dates.
Strongly prefer experience in working outdoors
About Utah Conservation Corps
Utah Conservation Corps is an AmeriCorps program made up of members, staff, and partners dedicated to service to our community and environment. We engage in projects throughout the state of Utah that address goals relating to environmental conservation, leadership, education, and sustainability.
UCC AmeriCorps members have committed to a term of service for their country that may range from 3 months to a year. Our members are individuals seeking opportunities to give back, to improve the environment and explore the beauty of Utah's public lands. Many of our members are current students or recent graduates looking to gain experience in the fields of natural resource conservation, education, or social services.
Utah Conservation Corps is a program of Utah State University's Center for Community Engagement.