The positions will be located as follows:
One to Three (1-3) positions – Duchesne, Utah
One (1) position – Vernal, Utah
Two (2) positions – Manila, Utah
The Range Crewmember positions will be part of an invasive weeds and vegetation monitoring crew. This position will require a pesticide applicator’s license which will be obtained at the beginning of the field season. Range crewmembers will be spraying noxious weeds and monitoring vegetation in remote locations of the district.
To view the full Position Description and apply for one of these positions, please go to the link: https://careers-usu.icims.com/jobs/6275/range-crewmember-ucc-usfs/job?mobile=false&width=1290&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-420&jun1offset=-360
• Must be 18 and have a valid driver’s license and good driving record. Drive government vehicle as required for the position.
• Must successfully pass a fingerprint criminal history background check.
• U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident.
• Regular and reliable attendance and dependability.
• Ability to commit to the service dates.
Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strongly prefer experience in working outdoors
• Prefer experience with ATVs or UTVs
About Utah Conservation Corps
Utah Conservation Corps is an AmeriCorps program made up of members, staff, and partners dedicated to service to our community and environment. We engage in projects throughout the state of Utah that address goals relating to environmental conservation, leadership, education, and sustainability.
UCC AmeriCorps members have committed to a term of service for their country that may range from 3 months to a year. Our members are individuals seeking opportunities to give back, to improve the environment and explore the beauty of Utah's public lands. Many of our members are current students or recent graduates looking to gain experience in the fields of natural resource conservation, education, or social services.
Utah Conservation Corps is a program of Utah State University's Center for Community Engagement.