Up to 2 positions will be filled and located out of Vernal, Utah.
A Trails Technician Corpsmember performs assignments in support of the Trails program located at the Ashley National Forest’s Ranger’s Office in Vernal, Utah. The forest is interested in filling one Trails Technician Corpsmember position from mid-May until Mid-August, with the possibility of extending later into the fall season depending on workload and budgetary considerations.
The Corpsmember position’s base of operations will be Vernal, Utah. The positions are 40 hours a week. There is no provided housing for these positions.
To view the full Position Description and apply for this job, please go to this link: https://careers-usu.icims.com/jobs/6283/trails-technician-crew-corpsmember—vernal-ucc-usfs/job?mobile=false&width=1290&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-420&jun1offset=-360
• A cooperative manner and the ability to serve as part of a team, but the ability to work independently.
• Work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Drive government vehicle as required for the position.
• Must successfully pass a fingerprint criminal history background check.
• U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident.
Strongly prefer experience working outdoors
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and computer skills.
• Ability to commit to the service dates.
About Utah Conservation Corps
Utah Conservation Corps is an AmeriCorps program made up of members, staff, and partners dedicated to service to our community and environment. We engage in projects throughout the state of Utah that address goals relating to environmental conservation, leadership, education, and sustainability.
UCC AmeriCorps members have committed to a term of service for their country that may range from 3 months to a year. Our members are individuals seeking opportunities to give back, to improve the environment and explore the beauty of Utah's public lands. Many of our members are current students or recent graduates looking to gain experience in the fields of natural resource conservation, education, or social services.
Utah Conservation Corps is a program of Utah State University's Center for Community Engagement.