Purpose. Commitment. Impact. Growth. Opportunity.
This is a role for people with a sense of adventure as well as a sense of responsibility. Our Program Directors enrich each trip with their personality, drive, passion for travel and the outdoors, while providing outstanding customer service and care. Every team member plays a major role in bringing the adventure to life and connecting travelers to conservation and the wild spaces of the natural world.
– Group tour guide in various WALLSabout destinations spanning the globe (including, but not limited to Kenya, Tanzania, Australia, New Zealand, India, Canada).
– Confidently and competently lead groups of up to 18 guests in the field, and create an enjoyable experience for guests even when an excursion does not go as planned. Heavy emphasis on customer service, dynamic thinking and safety.
– Manage and oversee the day-to-day activities, transport, meal arrangements, and overall care of WALLSabout clientele while working with a seasoned team of local guides.
– Seamlessly facilitate programming, logistics and scheduling for excursions, presentations, and mealtimes as designed by the Owner & Travel Concierge team.
– Works with US based Travel Concierge team to remain up to date on tour procedures, locations, and relevant client details. Communicates any needs, feedback (positive and negative), and questions to the Travel Concierge team both prior to, during, and after the Tour.
– Remain well versed on company history, itineraries, and is able to communicate information to guests with ease and confidence.
– Works to maintain positive and. above all, professional relationships with in-country support teams (including guides, ground handlers, lodge staff, etc.) on behalf of the Company.
– Provides professional and courteous service to clients at all times while guiding. Program Director understands they are the clients’ go-to contact on the ground, and is therefore responsible for ensuring that their needs and wants are met, if not going above and beyond to truly provide the vacation of a lifetime.
– Collaborates with WALLSabout guides and Travel Concierge team to arrange necessary in-country transport, as well as managing the seating arrangements and truck formations so as to maximize each clients’ experience on the Tour.
– Coordinates appropriate rest stops and meal breaks throughout the day in such a way that meets the clients’ needs, while also maximizing their time and experience in the national parks and locations.
– Completes accurate expense report for each day on tour, to be submitted to the Travel Concierge team.
– Other duties as assigned by district staff or Owner, may vary based on the needs of the business
– Represent the WALLS brands in positive terms at all times, whether at work or at leisure.
- Group outdoor adventure leadership skills and cooperative management skills are a plus.
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30lbs
About WALLSabout Luxury Travel
WALLSabout Luxury Travel specializes in taking travelers from across the globe to the most stunning wild spaces in the natural world, to inspire and connect them to conservation, while maintaining the highest standards of comfort and accommodation. For almost 8 years we have been inspiring and influencing conservation and the lives of our travelers through tours to East Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and the Canadian Rockies. Our goal is a seamless experience from booking to departure to our travelers' return home, run by our won in-house Concierge Team and Program Directors. We don't just SEND you on the trip of a lifetime, we TAKE you!