The Physical Education, Recreation and Athletics Department (PERA) is seeking an individual with experience working within a community of diverse students and colleagues. Successful candidates will by their teaching, administration, leadership or service demonstrate they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of athletics, the department and our community.
PERA is currently accepting applications for the position of Recreation Coordinator/PE Climbing Wall Instructor. This is a 10 month, benefit eligible position on one year renewable contracts.
– Assist in the coordination of all aspects of the Recreation program.
– Coordinate and oversee Outdoor Pursuits, Open Recreation and the Rental Center.
– Coordinate all aspects of the safe operations of the climbing wall. Assist with Marketing, Promotions, Tracking and Assessment.
– Assist with Special Events Programming.
– Possess the ability to instruct/lead outdoor pursuits and small group facilitation.
– Oversee supervision of student staff in several programatic areas.
– Teach five Physical Education classes per year.
– Prepare in class curriculum, syllabus and learning outcomes for each class.
– Demonstrate strong verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and positively with a wide range of constituencies.
– Participate in department and committee work as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree.
– Full responsibility for risk management and licensure of an indoor climbing wall.
– Responsible for all inspections conducted as per manufacturer’s recommendations, MA requirements and accepted industry practices.
– Climbing Wall Instructor certification preferred.
– CPR/AED/First Aid certification.
– Valid driver’s license and clearance to drive College vehicles.
– A full background check is required.
– Physical requirements include the ability to: bend, crawl, reach above shoulders, carry lift over 25-50 lbs., squat, climb, kneel, push/pull, walk for long distances,
About Wellesley College
The world’s preeminent college for women, Wellesley is known for intellectual rigor, its belief in the enduring importance of service (and putting that belief into practice), and its cultivation in students of an inclusive, pragmatic approach to leadership.
Wellesley College’s reputation as a place of teaching, learning, and sharing extends far beyond our classrooms, and our mission to make a difference extends beyond our students. That’s why we strive to recruit and retain a diverse blend of talented, enthusiastic individuals who will take full advantage of the extraordinary environment and resources available to them to further their lives and careers.