Contribute to Where There Be Dragons content creation, digital marketing, and sales.
Dragons is committed to immersive and responsible travel as a tool for breaking down barriers and enhancing understanding between people and communities around the world. We acknowledge that racialized people and others from equity-seeking groups have been under-represented in the travel and experiential education industries. As such, we strive to continually increase inclusivity, equity, and diversity within our community of administrative staff, field instructors, students, and in-country partners.
– Nurture leads and convert to sales by coordinating direct marketing outreach to leads with daily and weekly call, email, and text campaigns
– Support prospective and enrolled families through live chat, email, and phone calls
– Represent Dragons through up to 5 weeks/year of in-person student recruitment, presenting to schools and families about Dragons
– Mobilize our alumni community to support sales efforts
Digital Marketing & Content Creation
– Work closely with Director of Marketing to promote, schedule, and manage in-person & virtual marketing
– Ideate, develop, manage, and assess innovative digital and social marketing campaigns and community management on all social platforms through creation & curation of content for social, blog, web, etc. including copy and photos for distribution across multiple channels
– Ensure the consistency of content, the adherence of content to Dragons brand, culture, and goals, and accurately represent & reflect the voice of Dragons and the dignity of the people and places shown.
– Continue Dragons’ tradition of centering Indigenous and marginalized stories and ways of knowing, living, and relating from around the world and marketing the value of exposure to these perspectives
– Support content collection, use, editing, organization, and distribution from Dragons employees, clients, and and other community members and stakeholders
About Where There Be Dragons
Dragons offers small group, custom-crafted educational travel programs for high school, Gap, and college students in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our students are led by the best educators in the industry to develop an understanding of critical global issues through immersive travel, meaningful engagement, and empowered student leadership. Over the past three decades, our work has created a global community representing 6 continents, over 30 countries, and countless languages, villages, NGOs, religions, host families, students, perspectives, and stories. We believe that future leaders will be required to think beyond borders in order to cultivate a more inclusive, collaborative, and just future. Our goal is to help students develop the self awareness and cross-cultural competencies to be active participants in the world.