To ensure the quality, safety, sustainability, and economy of Latin America programming through support of staff, regional contacts, marketing outreach, client relations, program development, risk management, and in-field courses. Commitment to Dragons mission, vision, and values.
– Managing and developing regional resources, community relationships, logistics, and curriculum
– Supervising the course design and implementation process for all regional programming
– Building rapport and trust with and between international and domestic staff vis-à-vis remote and in-person communication, cultivating an inclusive, equitable culture with the Latin America community at Dragons
– Informing admissions decisions as they relate to program specific concerns
– Supporting risk management response by being available to manage risk issues while courses are in-field
– Traveling internationally to visit programs and trainings in the field
– Sourcing, interviewing, training, and mentoring excellent regional program staff while maintaining awareness of personal biases and actively working to mitigate their impact
– Managing regionally based Regional Coordinators and in-country staff
– Managing staff assessment and feedback processes for regional instructors
– Marketing Outreach: Informing messaging, promoting programs, managing client relationships, and responding to inquiries
– Proactively communicating with prospective participants and interested parties
– Contributing to promotional materials and campaigns
– Maintaining alignment with Dragons DEI mission
TERMS AND REMUNERATION
– Preferably based in Guatemala, Peru, Bolivia, or Boulder, CO, U.S.
– 6-8 weeks of anticipated travel in the US and Latin America annually.
– 100% position (40 hours/week), but open to 80%.
– Compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience and industry standards.
About Where There Be Dragons
Dragons offers small group, custom-crafted educational travel programs for high school, Gap, and college students in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our students are led by the best educators in the industry to develop an understanding of critical global issues through immersive travel, meaningful engagement, and empowered student leadership. Over the past three decades, our work has created a global community representing 6 continents, over 30 countries, and countless languages, villages, NGOs, religions, host families, students, perspectives, and stories. We believe that future leaders will be required to think beyond borders in order to cultivate a more inclusive, collaborative, and just future. Our goal is to help students develop the self awareness and cross-cultural competencies to be active participants in the world.