The Outdoor Activities Coordinator is tasked with consistently delivering premium guest experiences through activities, programs, and special events, while supporting the overall operations and helping lead teams throughout. The coordinator can be trained in a variety of areas to include land-based activities, paddle sports, and flatwater operations. This position is an on-site, full-time, hourly role that reports directly to the Activity Supervisors.
• Responsible for the daily operations of the activity assigned.
• Responsible for ensuring that the team maintains high safety standards and provides excellent guest service.
• Involved in basic maintenance / inspections for all equipment and structures.
• Train, coach, supervise, evaluate, and advise on scheduling for all employees.
• Primarily field-focused leadership to maintain efficiency and productivity.
• Provide in-house professional development training programs.
• Maintain up-to-date skill sets and abilities in activity policies and procedures and provide support as necessary.
• Provide field leadership and support during Winter Programming with Ice Skating and other areas as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong leadership, public speaking, and collaboration skills.
• Problem-solving mindset, with a desire to provide a positive guest experience.
• Ability to think critically and make decisions independently.
• Current First Aid & CPR certification is required or must have the ability to obtain one.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and during other Whitewater events as needed.
• A degree in Commercial Recreation, Outdoor Education, another related field, or equivalent professional work experience.
• Applicants must have the physical, visual, and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Must be able to work outdoors for sustained periods of time in all weather and environmental conditions.
• Must be able to lift and carry at least 75 pounds.
• Must be able to bend, stand, lean, and kneel on a regular basis and for sustained periods of time.
• Must be able to safely self-transport over uneven terrain up to a mile or in a confined space.
• Must be able to work in shared spaces with other employees and customers.
• All positions as Whitewater require employees to report and work onsite at Whitewater locations.
• Access to Whitewater Center’s pass activities
• Staff discount program and pro deals
• Health, Dental, Vision, FSA
About Whitewater Center
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active lifestyle. Since 2006, the USNWC has been promoting access to the outdoors for all levels of participants through its 30+ land and water-based activities, outdoor instruction and certification programs, festivals, races, films, and various outdoor events throughout the year. Whether you visit the Center’s 1,300 acres on the Catawba River or engage in the brand’s mission through one of our off-site initiatives, the USNWC empowers guests to play, relax, and learn outside.