At Wilderness Inquiry, we believe that everyone belongs. We work to ensure this belief holds true in our workplace, in our community, and in the outdoors. We pursue this belief through our mission and shared values of paddling together, seeking the exceptional, and finding a way.
The Base Camp Coordinator (BCC) is a seasonal, part-time exempt position located out of Wilderness Inquiry’s 40-acre base camp on the Bayfield Peninsula near Little Sand Bay, Wisconsin.
The BCC embraces our values by having high standards when it comes to keeping our facilities clean and the grounds orderly, providing a positive experience for all participants. The BCC works in tandem with and at the direction of the Sea Kayak Program Manager preparing for each trip.
We recognize that as an industry, there is much to do to increase representation in our field to reflect the communities we aim to serve. We also know that diversity of identities, experiences and ways of thinking result in better solutions for our communities. For this reason, we especially encourage applicants from communities who experience systemic barriers – including people of color, women, LGBTQIA+ and people with disabilities – to apply for this position.
– Ensure base camp grounds are clean and orderly.
– Assist with trips packing in through inventorying, cleaning, organizing and repairing equipment.
– Maintain cleanliness of facilities including: Composting toilets, outdoor showers, campsites, pavilion area, warehouse, and other outbuildings on property.
– Keep campsites, trails, base camp roads, and common areas clear and safe for participants and staff. This includes: weeding, clearing brush and downed trees, ensuring trails have adequate amounts of mulch and roads have adequate gravel throughout.
– General painting, staining, and help on special projects on property may also be requested as needed.
Must be at least 16 years of age. Aptitude for the wilderness, people skills, and ability to oversee projects independently or as part of a team. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
About Wilderness Inquiry
Wilderness Inquiry’s mission is to connect people from all walks of life to the natural world through shared outdoor adventures. Through the medium of outdoor adventure travel, we inspire personal growth, enhanced awareness of the environment and community integration. Wilderness Inquiry is all about access, inclusion, and opportunity. We believe exploration of the natural world is a birthright we all share, and we act on that belief. We operate in a manner that facilitates full participation by everyone, including people of all ages, background, and abilities.