The Operations Assistant: Kitchen and Food ensures the safe and smooth operation of the kitchen and its related food systems and procedures for 300+ wilderness events. This includes packing large food orders for extended trips and ensuring proper inventory of food supplies. This position promotes the mission of Wilderness Inquiry by providing high quality and safe experiences to all our participants and staff. Seasonal/hourly position up to 40 hours/week 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Friday, approximately May through September. Role is integral to summer programming success, therefore time off requests need to be approved by the operations manager. Personal vacation or time off known ahead of hiring is appreciated. Wage commensurate with experience starting at $14/hour.
- Complete COVID-19 vaccines are mandated for all staff and interns
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, in both an indoor and outdoor setting
- Maintains current food and kitchen supply inventory
- Executes necessary fresh food, bulk food and supply orders
- Maintains kitchen cleanliness and food handling procedures
- Reports status and concerns to supervisor
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; visually discern/read words and numbers; and use a hand/hands to operate or touch objects or controls.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
- On a regular occasion the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy loads up to 25lbs for distances of up to 1,000 feet.
Ability to drive a car is preferred but not required. Must have reliable transportation to and from the Wilderness Inquiry operations headquarters.
About Wilderness Inquiry
Wilderness Inquiry’s mission is to connect people from all walks of life to the natural world through shared outdoor adventures. Through the medium of outdoor adventure travel, we inspire personal growth, enhanced awareness of the environment and community integration. Wilderness Inquiry is all about access, inclusion, and opportunity. We believe exploration of the natural world is a birthright we all share, and we act on that belief. We operate in a manner that facilitates full participation by everyone, including people of all ages, background, and abilities.