This position provides leadership and management of environmental education programming to a wide variety of audiences, on and off the Wolf Ridge campus. The Program Director is responsible for managing all programming teams and cooperatively developing, evaluating, and enhancing program content, goals and objectives, budgets, and resource allocation.
The Program Director demonstrates strong leadership, decision-making and communication skills as well as highly effective staff management and development skills. An active member of the Wolf Ridge leadership team, the Program Director partners with the Executive Director and other leadership team members to set the short- and long-term strategy for Wolf Ridge and to ensure the center’s learning experience and operational goals are met. This position has a lead role in implementing the center’s diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
• Masters Degree in environmental education or related subject area
• Multiple years of experience in program leadership roles
• Demonstrated leadership and management of teams with a diverse set of programs
• Demonstrated excellence in environmental education operations, written, and verbal communications
• Curriculum development and program lifecycle management skills
• Excellent problem solving, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrated budget development and management
About Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center
Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center is an accredited residential outdoor adventure and environmental education center that annually serves more than 12,000 students in programs. Students range from K-12 to families and graduate students. All programs occur on or originate from the center's 2000 acre campus and 400 bed facility in northeastern MN. Wolf Ridge is an accredited school and offers wilderness trip and summer camp programs for all ages.