● Produce a range of high-impact, persuasive communications on tight deadlines—including grant
proposals, impact reports, and donor solicitations.
● Skillfully grasp complex conservation concepts and distill them into crisp, well-organized, and
compelling fundraising pitches for a variety of audiences.
● Work with conservation advocates and communications staff to identify key stories for grant
proposals and reports.
● Ensure grant proposals and reports are submitted in a timely fashion, with close input from
● Effectively use our database to track, manage and steward relationships with current and
● Passionately and persuasively articulate our mission and vision in a compelling and thoughtful
● Write proposals and reports geared toward different foundation audiences.
● Maintain a portfolio of 10-15 foundations.
● Work with the development team and program staff to research new foundations.
● Work with the associate director to draft compelling annual solicitation letters.
● Draft fundraising content for annual report, biannual Frontline, major donor reports, and other
content as needed.
● Support the Outdoor Council’s communications team as needed with editing and proofreading.
About Wyoming Outdoor Council
The Wyoming Outdoor Council is Wyoming’s oldest independent conservation organization. Founded in 1967, we are a member-based advocacy group. We use scientific, legal, and policy expertise to advocate the protection of public lands, wildlife, and clean air and water. We provide support and resources to empower citizens to do the same. We bring people and groups together to find workable solutions to tough conservation problems.