• Day Hiking Guides: Day-long interpretive hiking tours in Yellowstone’s backcountry and frontcountry: Lamar Valley, Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, Upper Geyser Basin. Five to seven miles of hiking.
• Sea Kayaking Guides: Morning excursions Yellowstone Lake. 8-10 hour work day, depending. Tours begin June 1.
• Active Van Tour Guides: Day-long interpretive Upper & Lower Loop van tours. Up to three miles of walking.
• Backpacking Guides: 4-6 day excursions in the backcountry of Yellowstone. Assistant guide positions work up to lead guide.
• Office Manager: Daily managerial tasks; phones, e-mail, walk-ins, etc.
• Office Assistant: Daily office tasks; food prep, gear sanitation, office sanitation, etc.
• Wilderness First Responder
• Previous relevant guiding experience
• Clean driving record
• Ability to drive 15 passenger van/trailer skills
• Knowledge of Yellowstone National Park flora, fauna, and history
• Mountain travel safety skills
• 21-years-old or older
• Ability to live remotely
• Morning person
About Yellowstone Hiking Guides
Yellowstone Hiking Guides is a small local company looking for passionate naturalists.
YHG's mission is to safely lead groups through the rough terrain, weather and wildlife that makes Yellowstone a unique location.
We offer backcountry day hiking, sea kayaking and backpacking tours in Yellowstone National Park. We also offer vehicle-based wildlife viewing tours with light hiking.
Work while exploring Yellowstone National Park! Share your love for the outdoors with visitors from around the world. Daily commute through Yellowstone. Spend your season (May-Oct) walking through herds of bison, steaming thermal features and untamed wild lands. If you're passionate about outdoor education, we're looking for you!
Daily Tours based out of Cameron, Montana near Quake Lake. Guides sometimes live out of travel trailers or van life. RV Resort/Restaurant located next to office. Pay is competitive. Tips are exceptional (depending on service). Paid training. Possible year-end raises.