This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 225,000 annually. The Chef is responsible for all aspects of the food service and kitchen operations at the YMCA of the Rockies Camp Chief Ouray. This will include; the ordering of products, inventory control, management of high-quality food service, supervision and training of staff and monitoring food and equipment costs. For the remainder of the year the Chef will work in our Snow Mountain Ranch Food Service operations. For the remainder of the year this position will work in our Snow Mountain Ranch Food Service operation.
Compensation and Employee Perks
– This is a full-time, year-round position paying $20/hour, full benefits including health, dental, and life insurance, participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years of employment), discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for family and friends, ski passes, golf passes, free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures, childcare assistance, and so much more. View all Year-Round Employee Perks on our Career Site.
- Have at least 3 years experience in banqueting, catering, and/or food service.
- Strong leadership qualities
- Minimum 2 years supervisory and training experience.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and problem-solving atmosphere.
About YMCA of the Rockies
YMCA of the Rockies operates two globally-known conference & family centers that serve more than 250,000 guests annually. Our centers are located on both sides of the continental divide, with YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park Center being on the eastern slope, and Snow Mountain Ranch being on the western slope.
Estes Park Center has over 860 acres of mountain terrain for outdoor recreation and relaxation, while Snow Mountain Ranch sits on over 5,100 acres. In the winter, Snow Mountain Ranch is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country - with over 100 km of trails!
Camp Chief Ouray, established in 1908, has grown to be a premiere overnight camping option for youth from all over the United States and the World. We are committed to developing five core values in everything we do: Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith. CCO is a part of the YMCA of the Rockies, located at Snow Mountain Ranch in Granby, CO (elevation of 8,750 feet).