The Camp Guide (CG) is responsible for the setup, take down and daily duties of operating the luxury camping product. You will be working closely with the Camp Manager (CM), Warehouse Supervisor (WS), Operations Manager (OM), and Trip Guides to ensure each program meets and exceeds the client’s expectations.
• Ensuring all gear is setup according to the specifications.
• Using the given conditions and gear to set up the best camp possible.
• Working the schedule made by the CM for clients, meals, activities and guides.
• Keeping a clean, organized, and presentable camp.
• Maintaining a clean and uncluttered kitchen workspace.
• Preparing and serving meals throughout the program.
• Cleaning client living spaces.
• Cleaning and organizing gear upon completion of trip.
• Other tasking as required by CM, WS and OM.
As a CG, your role could grow into a lead guiding position if that is a goal you desire to achieve. This is a great role to develop the important personal skills that are crucial for being a private luxury level guide for American Safari Camp.
• Wilderness First Aid / CPR certification. Preferably WFR or WEMT.
• Experience in the outdoors, with basic camp skills, the ability to manage risks in the outdoor environment, and knowledge of outdoor ethics.
• Positive, proactive Customer Service.
• Team focused mindset.
• The ability to lift and carry 50 or more pounds.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Guides will be required to obtain, and submit documentation for the following:
- Food Handler License.
- Recent (39 mo.) Motor Vehicle Driver Record
- Federal Department of Transportation Motor Carrier Medical Exam Certificate (If authorized to transport passengers).
- COVID-19 Full Vaccination.
About American Safari Camp
At American Safari Camp we are all about elevating the experience. This goes from the food you eat, the beds you sleep in, the service that you receive and the activities that you do. We believe in making the rugged outdoors the most comfortable setting that you will ever experience by creating luxury in the backcountry of America. We want your experience to be so memorable that your children will tell their children about it some day.