The Land Sport Operations Supervisor is a key leadership position with a critical role in the fulfillment of the Whitewater Center brand’s promise of delivering high quality, active experiences. The Land Sport Operations Supervisor assists in leading the team of front-line staff responsible for assisting and guiding guests through the Whitewater Center’s land-based activities. The ability to train and coach staff is critical to the success of this role, as is effective problem solving and strategic thinking. The Land Sport Operations Supervisor is a full-time, benefits-eligible, on-site position that reports to the Land Sport Operations Manager.
• Responsible for daily operations of all Land Sports activities alongside other Supervisors/Assistant Managers.
• Manage an efficient operation, demonstrate fiscal awareness, and continuously ensure the proper execution of tasks and utilization of resources.
• Ensure that the team maintains high safety standards and provides an excellent guest experience.
• Involvement in basic maintenance and inspections on all activity equipment and structures.
• Maintain up-to-date skill sets and abilities in all Land areas and provide field support as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong understanding of operational systems for low/high challenge courses and climbing walls.
• Strong leadership and public speaking skills.
• Ability to effectively supervise a team
• Self-motivated, adaptable, and focused on the guest experience.
• Current First Aid and CPR certification.
• A degree in Commercial Recreation, Outdoor Education or related field is preferred.
• Must be able to safely self-transport over uneven terrain or in a confined space
• Must be able to stand for sustained periods of time
• Must be able to lift and move at least 75 pounds
Staff Discount Program
Health, Dental, Vision
Flex Spending Account
Paid Time Off
Overview of Department
The Outdoor Activities Department is responsible for leading and supporting experiences in a variety of water and land-based sports. The department also instructs guests through the Whitewater Center’s Outdoor School and Summer Camps. Outdoor Activities employees engage with guests through an assortment of pass activities and help create memorable outdoor experiences.
Working at Whitewater
Whitewater’s mission is rooted in the belief that we all share a genetic code that compels us to play outside and share these experiences with others. This mission is accomplished through promoting access and opportunities to play outside and bring people together. Our approach is simple: Make it compelling and easy to engage with nature and invite others to join.
The Whitewater Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition t
About U.S. National Whitewater Center
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active lifestyle. Since 2006, the USNWC has been promoting access to the outdoors for all levels of participants through its 30+ land and water-based activities, outdoor instruction and certification programs, festivals, races, films, and various outdoor events throughout the year. Whether you visit the Center’s 1,300 acres on the Catawba River or engage in the brand’s mission through one of our off-site initiatives, the USNWC empowers guests to play, relax, and learn outside.