The Land Sport Operations Supervisor is a key leadership position with a critical role in the fulfillment of the U.S. National Whitewater Center’s (USNWC) brand promise of delivering high quality, active experiences. The Land Sport Operations Supervisor assists in leading the team of front-line staff responsible for assisting and guiding guests through the Whitewater Center’s land-based activities. The ability to train and coach staff is critical to the success of this role, as is effective problem solving and strategic thinking.
• Responsible for daily operations of all Land Sports activities alongside other Supervisors/Assistant Managers.
• Manage an efficient operation, demonstrate fiscal awareness and continuously ensure the proper execution of tasks and utilization of resources.
• Ensure that the team maintains high safety standards and provides an excellent guest experience.
• Involvement in basic maintenance and inspections on all activity equipment and structures.
• Maintain up-to-date skill sets and abilities in all Land areas and provide field support as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Facility Access
• Staff Discount Program
• Health, Dental, Vision Flexible
• Spending Account
The Outdoor Activities Department is responsible for leading and supporting experiences in a variety of water and land-based sports. The department also instructs guests through the Whitewater Center’s Outdoor School and Summer Camps. Outdoor Activities employees engage with guests through an assortment of pass activities and help create memorable outdoor experiences.
Working at Whitewater
Whitewater is rooted in the belief that the active, outdoor lifestyle is for everyone. We are a team whose culture and work environment are dedicated to providing real engagement through authentic experiences. By promoting an active, outdoor lifestyle, we build community and opportunities for people to come together.
• Strong understanding of operational systems for low/high challenge courses and climbing walls.
• Strong leadership and public speaking skills.
• Ability to effectively supervise a team
• Self-motivated, adaptable and focused on the guest experience.
• Current First Aid and CPR certification.
• A degree in Commercial Recreation, Outdoor Education or related field is preferred.
About U.S. National Whitewater Center
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active lifestyle. Since 2006, the USNWC has been promoting access to the outdoors for all levels of participants through its 30+ land and water-based activities, outdoor instruction and certification programs, festivals, races, films, and various outdoor events throughout the year. Whether you visit the Center’s 1,300 acres on the Catawba River or engage in the brand’s mission through one of our off-site initiatives, the USNWC empowers guests to play, relax, and learn outside.