The Land Sport Operations Supervisor at the Whitewater Center (Whitewater) assists in leading the team of front-line staff responsible for assisting and guiding guests through the Whitewater Center’s land-based activities. The ability to train and coach staff is critical to the success of this role, as is effective problem solving and strategic thinking. The Land Sport Operations Supervisor is an on-site, full-time, benefits eligible position that reports to the Land Sport Operations Manager.
• Responsible for daily operations of all Land Sports activities alongside other Supervisors/Assistant Managers.
• Manage an efficient operation, demonstrate fiscal awareness, and continuously ensure the proper execution of tasks and utilization of resources.
• Ensure that the team maintains high safety standards and provides for excellent guest experience.
• Involvement in basic maintenance and inspections of all activity equipment and structures.
• Maintain up-to-date skill sets and abilities in all Land areas and provide field support as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong understanding of operational systems for low/high challenge courses and climbing walls.
• Strong leadership and public speaking skills.
• Ability to effectively supervise a team.
• Self-motivated, adaptable, and focused on the guest experience.
• Current First Aid and CPR certification.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and during other Whitewater events as needed.
• A degree in Commercial Recreation, Outdoor Education, or related field.
• Must be able to work outdoors for sustained periods of time in all weather and environmental conditions.
• Must be able to lift and carry at least 75 pounds.
• Must be able to bend, stand, lean, and kneel on a regular basis and for sustained periods of time.
• Must be able to safely self-transport over uneven terrain or in a confined space.
• Must be able to work in shared spaces with other employees and customers.
• All positions as Whitewater require employees to report and work onsite at Whitewater locations.
Access to Whitewater Center’s pass activities
Staff discount program and pro deals
Health, Dental, Vision, FSA
Paid Time Off
About U.S. National Whitewater Center
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active lifestyle. Since 2006, the USNWC has been promoting access to the outdoors for all levels of participants through its 30+ land and water-based activities, outdoor instruction and certification programs, festivals, races, films, and various outdoor events throughout the year. Whether you visit the Center’s 1,300 acres on the Catawba River or engage in the brand’s mission through one of our off-site initiatives, the USNWC empowers guests to play, relax, and learn outside.