Avid4 Adventure empowers kids to choose active, outdoor lifestyles. The Camp Nurse is responsible for providing first aid care, overseeing the administration of medications to campers and staff, coordinating visits to a physician when needed, monitoring health and cleanliness standards, and utilizing our medical record-keeping system (CampDoc). We want a Camp Nurse that can:
Live Environmentally Connected
The CORE Responsibilities of the Camp Nurse:
– Oversee the collection, storage and administration of medications to campers and staff following the policies of Avid4 Adventure, State of CO, American Camp Association, and local health agencies
– Provide direct care to staff and campers
– Work with Assistant Director to keep health clinic in compliance with all regulatory agencies
– Assist in a general health screening of all campers and staff during the summer including a general inspection of cabins, unit areas, showers, bathrooms and observation of general camper and staff health
– Assist in the organization and administration of regular daily clinic hours, utilizing the current standing orders for issuing treatment and medications
– Maintain accurate and detailed medical records via our new tech medical record-keeping system, CampDoc
– Oversee the inventory of necessary medical supplies and equipment
Engagement with the campers and staff and be part of the camp experience
– Minimum 21 years of age and a desire to be in a camp clinic serving children
– Current CO Registered Nurse license or licensure in a compact state that is recognized by the State of Colorado.
– Immediate start date available. Camp programs run through mid-August. For specific details on each location & program, please click here.
– Pay starts at $656/week (room & board included). Please visit our website for our full compensation rubric. https://avid4.com/jobs/compensation. Room and meals are included in your compensation.
About Avid4 Adventure
The mission of Avid4 Adventure is to provide kids and teens with the skills and confidence to choose active outdoor lifestyles. We transport campers to authentic local recreation areas and teach them to climb, bike, paddle, hike and thrive in the outdoors. More importantly, we teach kids and teens to assess risks, use sound judgment, and believe in their abilities. Through summer day camps, overnight camps, school programs, and events, Avid4 Adventure inspires thousands of kids and teens every year to lead active lifestyles.