Camp Arcadia is a summer camp that strengthens young girls and women ages 7-17 years old. Our mission is to make the world better and more beautiful because you have been in it. Each year, we bring together a staff from around the world to create a memorable summer for our community. Have a passion for working with young people and are curious to experience the magic of summer camp, but don’t 100% meet all of the qualifications below? We encourage you to apply anyway!
• Responsible for teaching Sailing lessons to campers aged 7 -17 and cubs 3-6
• Responsible for teaching according to Camp Arcadia’s activity levels (see attached)
• Teaching 4 one hour activity periods per day
• Lifeguarding during activity periods and other times of the day
• Work directly with the Head of Sailing and additional sailing staff members
• Responsible for care and maintenance on boats
• Assist with Regattas
• Ability to operate a motor boat
• Attend and participate in a pre-camp training program,
• Provide care and supervision for all campers,
• Live and eat with campers (males do not live with campers)
• Participate actively and enthusiastically in and/or run assigned Camp programs and such other tasks as assigned by the Camp for the operation of its camp program
• Live in a rustic outdoor youth camp setting.
• Work long and busy days
• Experience and skilled in small craft sailing (i.e. Hobies and Lasers)
• Age requirement 19+, prefer 21+
• Completed at least one year of college
• Certifications: LGT, CPR and First Aid
Experience teaching sailing
Experience working with children
About Camp Arcadia for Girls
We are a residential girls camp in Maine entering into our 103rd season under the direction of the same family. Our staff comes from all over the United States and the World. As a camp we strongly believe in the value of outdoor experiences. We are in the Sebago lake region of western Maine, close to the white mountains of Maine and New Hampshire and about an hour from Portland. Experience an amazing summer of memories and growth as you share your talents with our campers. Come change the lives of our campers while impacting your own.