Job Title: Instructor, Rites of Passage
Reports to: Director of Summer Programs
Trip Leaders are the primary caregivers for participants in our Rites of Passage Program. Trip Leaders are responsible for
planning, teaching, coordinating, and carrying out curriculum activities to help participants adjust and thrive in the outdoor
setting, develop new skills and guide participants in their personal growth and daily outdoor living skills.
In keeping with guidance from the American Camp Association and the American Association of Pediatrics, Camp
Dogwood does not accept non-medical vaccination exemptions. All campers and staff at Camp Dogwood must be fully
vaccinated, including an up-to-date (boosted, if appropriate) vaccination against COVID-19. Additionally, all staff wear a
camp uniform, consisting of a camp polo shirt (2 will be provided by the camp) and khaki pants or shorts and closed toed
● Must be at least 21 years of age and vaccinated against Covid-19
● Must have demonstrated experience in leading outdoor or wilderness adventure trips.
● Must submit a health history record, examination form, and negative Covid-19 test before the first day of work.
● Must be currently certified or be able to obtain certificate in Wilderness First Aid / Wilderness First Responder
●Utilize outdoor living skills: cooking, hygiene, communication, safety
● Apply basic youth development and wilderness principles in working with participants through communication,
relationship development, respect for diversity, involvement with and empowerment of youth.
● Assure participants are properly supervised at all times.
● Be aware of and implement safety guidelines,
● Adhere to and enforce all camp policies and procedures.
About Camp Dogwood Summer Academy
Camp Dogwood Summer Academy is the flagship program of the AnBryce Foundation. The AnBryce Foundation is a philanthropic organization that promotes social change by building a community of global citizens through education, career, cultural, and leadership opportunities to under-resourced young people.
Camp Dogwood Summer Academy, together with its associated after-school and mentoring programs, has been the proud host of over 2,000 youth who have participated in all facets of these extraordinary programs. Dreams come to life every summer in the Virginia countryside, where youth and young adults are encouraged to work, play, grow, and imagine dreams of their own. Programming is a mix of academics, outdoor education, and traditional camp activities.