Camp Tawonga is hiring a Health Technician to work in our Health Center from June 3rd to August 12th, 2023
Pay is $3600 for the summer. You also may be eligible for a medical training certification reimbursement.
– Working in a small group with the same people
– Knowing when to use your skills and when to defer to the doctor or nurse
– Completing daily chores to keep the Health Center running smoothly including laundry, sanitizing equipment and surfaces, checking equipment, and other tasks
Initiative and Responsibility
– Be on time and prepared
– Go above and beyond, when you complete one task ask for another
– Working with campers
– Maintain confidentiality about both staff and campers
– Provide TLC and medical care to campers and staff, listen to and support kids, providing reassurance, caring, and patience
– Distribute daily medications to campers during breakfast and dinner
– Pack out medications for out-of-camp trips
– Provide routine medical care and be prepared to respond in an emergency
– Escort patients to definitive care outside of camp when needed
– Ensure thorough documentation including charting patient interactions, completing medication administration records, and other paperwork.
You must have one of the following qualifications: Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Wilderness First Responder (WFR), RN, or fourth year Bachelors of Science in Nursing student. You must be 21 or older, and we prefer applicants with a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
About Camp Tawonga
Camp Tawonga is a residential children’s summer camp located outside Yosemite National Park, established in 1925. The campers range in age from 7-17. The Camp Tawonga Staff is a community of almost 200 dedicated individuals, working together to create a vital Jewish community where children thrive. This outstanding team includes people from many backgrounds, histories and traditions. Camp Tawonga’s mission is to foster positive self-image for campers, create a cooperative community, teach children to live in partnership with nature, and offer children a positive experience of spirituality.