Trip Leader Responsibilities:
1. Work as a team with 3 other Trip Leaders to manage a group of 12-18 teenagers on a 5-week trip across Washington state or the Western U.S.
2. Co-lead (with one other Trip Leader) a group of 6-10 campers on various backpacking trips that range from 3 to 8
days in length.
3. Manage the group in the frontcountry, including transporting campers in 15-passenger vans, purchasing and providing meals, planning trip logistics, prepping backcountry trips, communicating with Camp Directors.
4. All other aspects of trip management to ensure the physical and emotional safety of all campers.
1. 21+ years of age
2. WFR certification or willingness to obtain (We certify WFR.)
3. Previous wilderness experience
4. Fun, caring, and motivated with a desire to work and play in the outdoor
About Camp Thunderbird
Camp Thunderbird is a residential summer camp based in northern Minnesota with over 60 years of experience in adventure programming. Our wilderness program includes 5 week backpack trips in the Pacific Northwest, Western U.S. and Canada. One summer at Thunderbird and you’ll feel like you’re part of a family. Come join us!