Clemson University’s Camp Bob Cooper is seeking an additional full time Assistant Director who is interested in management and wanting to build their skills in an environment that will work to facilitate their leadership growth. Camp Bob Cooper is located in the Lowcountry of SC on a 110 acre peninsula on Lake Marion (SC’s largest lake). Year round we provide educational programs, summer camps and host various private and public groups that want a rental experience in a camp setting. Our additional Assistant Director for this team would be responsible for managing, hiring and directing our 4H Summer Camp Program as well as marketing and managing the spring Crew season. As part of the leadership team, this position would also assist in teaching and facilitating in other program areas for the off season. Qualified candidates must work well on a team, pursuing a common goal of having a positive impact on youth.
• Oversee and coordinate the overall operations for 4-H Summer Camp and Crew
• Assist with Aquatic and Adventure programming
• Develop schedules for programs and assist with day-to-day operations
• Keep 4H program and Crew program equipment organized and inventoried
• Manage summer program staff including training, leading, and evaluating assigned staff
• Market and manage Crew Program and staff for the spring season
• Assist management team and program leaders for Outdoor Education and Rental groups
• Routine maintenance, upkeep, and operations of the assigned facilities
SALARY: $32,500 with state benefits and insurance. Housing also provided.
To apply send resume to Megan Griffith at [email protected] subject line “Camp Bob Cooper AD 2024”
Be at least 21 years of age and possess at least a four year college degree.
• Experience in youth development, outdoor education, and camping.
• Ability to supervise staff and oversee programming.
• Experience in resident camping.
• Ability to formulate and implement administrative policies and procedures as relates to the Cooper programs.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and clientele
About Clemson University Learning Institute
Youth Development programs throughout the state of South Carolina