Staff Position Description
Position: Assistant Program Manager
Program: Summer Youth Program
Location: St. Paul, MN Residential base camp in Hinckley, MN (May-Aug)
Reports To: Program Manager
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM (typical)
(Sept – April); On-call 24/7 (May-Aug)
Benefits: Health and dental insurance; paid time off, 401(k) Safe Harbor retirement saving plan. Designated time off will be allotted to compensate for weekends and holidays worked.
Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa (CCMI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and AmeriCorps grantee that engages hundreds of youth and young adults each year in programs and initiatives that improve access to outdoor recreation, restore natural habitat, protect waterways, and respond to community needs and natural disasters. Our mission is to engage youth and young adults in meaningful service, leadership development, and environmental stewardship. Our vision is a world in which everyone has equitable access to nature, is equipped to succeed in career and life, and is empowered to make a difference in conserving natural resources. Learn more at conservationcorps.org.
Our values embody safety, service, respect, equity, and community. In working toward our vision, we believe that it is important we commit to the following:
• Using equity as a lens for the work we do and decisions we make
• Building a shared vision surrounding Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion goals with our partnering organizations and communities, and
• Providing an equitable training environment and high-quality programming to all our participants.
Read our full Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion statement online at: conservationcorps.org/about/jedi/.
Summer Youth Corps (SYC) is a residential summer work program for youth, ages 15-18, led by AmeriCorps members, ages 18-25. Based at St. Croix State Park, SYC youth members live, work, and recreate from mid-June to mid-August while conserving natural spaces and improving parks throughout Minnesota and neighboring states. SYC is dedicated to accessibility for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing community and runs an American Sign Language (ASL) crew.
The Assistant Program Manager is integral to the Summer Youth Corps’ program working in conjunction with the Program Manager in recruitment and enrollment of participants, preparation, coordination and facilitation of program curriculum and training, administration and oversight of youth, maintenance and logistics for facilities and equipment needed for environmental project work.
• Participate in organization-wide recruitment for summer start positions, review applicants for seasonal staff, AmeriCorps members and youth crew members, and support interview process and onboarding
• Work collaboratively with SYC Program Manager and seasonal Field Coordinators to provide comprehensive support to youth c
• 1-3 years of experience supervising youth (15-18) and/or young adults (18-25)
• Ability to effectively interact with and lead people from diverse backgrounds
• Strong initiative and ability to act independently with minimal supervision
• Leadership skills, characterized by the ability to gain respect, supervise, delegate, and positively coach others
• Working knowledge of conservation project management from a variety of disciplines such as trail construction/maintenance, invas
About Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa
Conservation Corps provides hands-on environmental stewardship and service-learning opportunities to youth and young adults while accomplishing conservation, natural resource management and emergency response work.