The High Mountain Institute is seeking an Administrative Coordinator & Registrar, a full-time position at the High Mountain Institute. The Administrative Coordinator and Registrar to the HMI Semester is in charge of managing the administrative responsibilities related to the HMI Semester. There will be opportunities to grow and redefine the position as the needs of the HMI Semester shift over time.
About the High Mountain Institute: HMI joins the best of a traditional independent school environment with top-class outdoor education opportunities. HMI seeks to connect our students to the natural world and teach them essential leadership and communication skills through participation in a rigorous academic program, extended wilderness trips, and a community of shared responsibility. For more information, please visit www.hminet.org.
– Manage all administrative duties for the school, including the front office, bookstore, class and student supplies/ordering, general supply ordering, petty cash, and online store
– Salesforce (HMI database) data entry, QuickBooks data entry and payment processing
– Assist all Semester students, faculty, and families with enrollment, onboarding, travel, clerical, medical, and administrative tasks as needed
– Academic and Registrar duties:
– Use Jumprope software to: update class rosters, create academic progress reports, and create final academic transcripts for families and sending schools
– Manage the coordination and/or administration of all standardized and AP testing, including the PSAT, SAT, and AP exams.
– Provide assistance to the Head of School, Director of the Semester, and Director of Finance as requested
– Assist HMI Administration as requested, including taking Board Meeting minutes
– Manage all incoming and outgoing mail/packages, answer the phone, assist with printer/copier troubleshooting and maintenance
– Participate in special HMI events such as Family Weekend and End of Semester Celebration
– Serve the HMI mission as necessary
– Dependent on experience: $35,000 – $40,000 (inclusive of possible on-campus housing)
– Health, dental, and vision benefits
– 4-9% retirement benefits – match after 1 year
– Four weeks holiday/vacation annually
– Annual professional development opportunities
HMI’s Diversity Statement: The High Mountain Institute is an equal opportunity employer that strives for diversity by honoring the differences of each member of the community. We seek to build a community (of trustees, faculty, staff, and students) that represents ethnic, socioeconomic, and geographic diversity and that brings a diversity of experience, background, talent, and perspective.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Prior experience in clerical work
- Self-directed, motivated, and organized
- Valid Social Security # or authorization to work in the US
- Basic English language proficiency
- Knowledge of office equipment (copiers, printers, fax machines, etc.)
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Google Docs & Sheets, Salesforce, Gmail, Quickbooks)
- Interested in working with and around teenagers in a school environment
About High Mountain Institute
A semester school for high school juniors, the High Mountain Institute (HMI) combines the best of a traditional independent school with outstanding outdoor education. HMI connects students to the natural world and teaches them essential leadership and communication skills through participation in a rigorous, experiential academic program, extended wilderness trips, and an intentional community. HMI also offers a Summer Term for high school students and a variety of adolescent and adult programming. For more information, please visit www.hminet.org.