The High Mountain Institute is seeking a Human Resources Manager, a full time administrative position and reports to the Head of School. The ideal job candidate will be detail oriented, a clear communicator, possess the ability to maintain confidentiality, and function as a team player. This position will work with multiple departments across the organization to run all daily functions of Human Resources (HR) and to provide administrative support to the Head of School.
Start Date: November 2022
Primary Job Responsibilities: HR Duties
– Monitor HR compliance across all departments at HMI.
– Run payroll twice monthly and manage associated TIAA-Cref contributions.
– Serve as the primary point of contact in the hiring process for candidates: organize & distribute application materials to hiring committee chairs, follow up with candidates, schedule interviews, manage on-campus logistics for finalists, manage the Employment page of the website, lead HMI’s Hiring Task Force and refine HMI’s hiring practices.
– Manage all year-round employee and adjunct staff onboarding including: setup in payroll system, background checks, IT setup, enrollment in eligible benefit programs, etc.
– Maintain up-to-date personnel files for all employees.
– Manage employee relations with relevant supervisors. Coordinate termination process for all departing employees including termination of payroll and benefits.
– Main point of contact for all on-campus housing management including housing agreements, updates to housing guidelines, issue response, etc.
– Manage all workers comp and unemployment claims.
– Participate in benefits training, professional development, etc.
– Provide Head of School with weekly administrative support including scheduling, meeting minute-taking, and correspondence.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Time management skills; ability to effectively prioritize and organize tasks
- Understanding of HMI’s mission
- BA or higher
- Previous experience in related field
- Computer Skills (Quickbooks, MS Word, MS Excel, Google Suite, Windows)
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
About High Mountain Institute
HMI joins the best of a traditional independent school environment with top-class outdoor education opportunities. HMI seeks to connect our students to the natural world and teach them essential leadership and communication skills through participation in a rigorous academic program, extended wilderness trips, and a community of shared responsibility. For more information, please visit www.hminet.org.
The High Mountain Institute is an equal opportunity employer that strives for diversity by honoring the differences of each member of the community. We seek to build a community (of trustees, faculty, staff, and students) that represents ethnic, socioeconomic, and geographic diversity and that brings a diversity of experience, background, talent, and perspective.