Hilltown Land Trust is looking for 1 TerraCorps Member to serve as a Land Stewardship Coordinator. The Member will be part of the 2022-2023 TerraCorps – Americorps program and join up to 80 other members serving with nonprofit partner organizations across Massachusetts and Rhode Island, including a Community Engagement Coordinator serving at Hilltown Land Trust.
The Land Stewardship Coordinator’s focus will be on working with committed volunteers to actively steward conserved land in the Hilltowns, recruiting new volunteers, monitoring conserved land, updating management plans, and assisting with public education through events and communications.
Members serve in full-time (38 hour/week) positions from August 29th, 2022 to July 28, 2023. These 1,700-hour AmeriCorps positions receive a living allowance and are eligible for health insurance coverage, childcare assistance, education award, federal loan forbearance, and additional AmeriCorps benefits.
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Able to serve both independently and as a member of a team
• Comfort navigating computer software programs (Microsoft Suite, ArcGIS
mapping software, WordPress)
• Experience training and educating community members and volunteers
• Ability to navigate independently in the field utilizing map, compass, and GPS
• Experience with natural systems and identifying plant and wildlife species
• Experience organizing, promoting, and leading public events
About Hilltown Land Trust
Hilltown Land Trust protects land and promotes ecological diversity and health, respectful land stewardship, historic character, and natural beauty in the Hilltowns of western Massachusetts.