KSS offers a range of programs for children grades K-12, that provide a balance of hands-on science activities, field-based exploration, and adventure programming. During summer, our campus is full of Instructors and campers and it is the job of the kitchen staff to make sure everyone gets a good breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This is an opportunity to work under an accomplished Chef in a beautiful mountain setting.
Main areas of focus:
● 85% Prepping food and cooking
● 25% Travel Campsite chef
● 15% Cleaning
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Follow state and local guidelines for maintaining food safety;
• Prep food for meals;
• Pack food for camping expeditions;
• Cook Breakfast and dinner and serve buffet style;
• Make sandwiches for lunch;
• Travel to local campsites to chef for campers and instructors;
• Keep kitchen, serving area, and dining hall clean;
• Other duties as assigned.
● Have an interest in, respect for, and ability to work with people with diverse backgrounds, opinions, beliefs, abilities, and experience;
● Strong work ethic and will work until the job is complete;
● Motivation to contribute positively to the KSS at-large community;
● Interpret a variety of instructions provided in written or verbal form;
● Multi-task efficiently while managing a high-volume workload in a fast-paced, changing environment;
● Ability to work in a busy environment with many
● Must be at least 16 years of age;
● Preferred kitchen experience;
● Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check.
● Valid Driver’s License;
● Ability to have your personal vehicle here to use although not necessary;
● Comfortable with cooking a meal alone at times.
About Keystone Science School
At Keystone Science School, we believe that the power of inspiring curiosity and critical thinking, through the lens of science, changes lives and strengthens communities. We create future leaders who can problem solve and work together in an ever-evolving world and workplace environment.
Located in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, Keystone Science School’s historic campus serves as base camp for our diverse suite of inquiry-based learning programs. We combine hands-on science education with outdoor adventure to create engaging experiences for our students. At KSS, we change lives, we bring fun and laughter to everything we do, we care about each other and those we serve, we strive for excellence, we offer competitive compensation and generous benefits, and we are committed to serving students from diverse backgrounds. We’re proud to be Summit County’s #1 Best Non-Profit and #2 Best Place to Work (2019)! Visit KeystoneScienceSchool.org to learn more!