Mass Audubon is seeking an organized, creative Program & Logistics Coordinator who is interested in supporting camp staff, working with children and youth, and spending the summer outdoors at Drumlin Farm Camp in Lincoln, MA.
Join a positive, welcoming community of people who enjoy learning and working together in a beautiful place, and sharing their love of nature and farming with children.
Monday– Friday, 8 am– 4pm
Training (paid): June 1–17 Camp: June 20–August 25 (end date is flexible)
Along with the Director, Assistant Director and camp administrative team:
– Maintain inventory of supplies and positive relationships with suppliers. Research new products and propose new ideas to directors based on camp needs and budget
– Prepare, clean, and resupply camp group sites before, during, and after camp
– Manage cleaning and sanitizing routines and supplies to promote camper, staff, and family health and safety
– Communicate in a positive, helpful way with camp staff and full-time sanctuary staff to complete tasks and fulfill supply needs
Pay and Benefits:
$15-18.00/hour depending on experience
By working at camp, you can develop leadership, teaching, communication, and risk management skills as you make lifelong friendships and change kids’ lives every day. Plus perks including:
• First Aid / CPR training – free class offered to staff in June
• Mass Audubon membership & reciprocity with New England museums and centers
• Pro-deal discounts on outdoor clothing, equipment and more
• Network with Mass Audubon staff (conservation, education, climate science, sustainable agriculture)
• Applicants must be at least 18 years old and be comfortable working around children/youth
• Demonstrated ability to promote and respect diversity
• Must be organized, have good communication skills, be able to work independently and as part of a team, and be flexible
• Must have ability to quickly move to different locations around large camp property over uneven terrain
• Able to use computer (Microsoft Office, email and internet) and phone
• Must have community CPR/First Aid certifications current through August 2022 or willing to obtain before June (we will offer a class)
• Must pass have valid driver’s license and ability to drive 15-passenger vans
• ServSafe Food Handler or Food Manager certification or willingness to obtain is preferable
• Experience working in delivery, retail, sales, and/or interest or studies in health, agriculture, environmental science, ecology, education, psychology, or related fields are helpful
About Mass Audubon's Drumlin Farm Camp
At Drumlin Farm Camps, campers ages 4–17 develop an appreciation for nature. Campers gain confidence and comfort in the natural world and understand the interconnectedness among people, land, and wildlife.
Our programs encourage campers to explore local habitats while connecting them to the joys and wonders of the natural landscape. Campers engage through crafts, games, songs, cooking, and hands-on activities specific to the site. Each of our locations offers unique educational opportunities stemming from their differing landscapes.