The Philadelphia Outward Bound Challenge Course and Facilitation Program Coordinators are responsible for the direct oversight of youth and adult program days delivered at the Program Coordinators designated site; either The Discovery Center, Wigard Ave. or offsite.
The Program Coordinator (PC) is a supervisory position that supports the program team through leadership in instruction and training, organization, and implementation of high-quality programs to all participants. The PC is responsible for preparing the program client and educators for their program prior to arrival, coordinating prep for program staff and managing student enrollment.
Additional responsibilities include performing daily and monthly site inspections and repairs under the supervision of the Director of Program and Training. The Program Coordinator will ensure the gear, grounds, and equipment is maintained. The PC will support staff, provide on the job training, ensure programs remain compliant with AEE standards and ACCT standards.
Compensation & Benefits
• 10 Month salary position from February 15th, 2023-December 15, 2023.
• Participation in POBS’ group medical and dental insurance plans.
• Employee Assistance Program.
• Eligible to contribute to the POBS 401(k) plan with employer match after one year.
• 11 PTO days.
• Paid holidays.
• Participation in Outward Bound staff expeditions nationwide.
Please read our complete Job Description on our Careers webpage
• Must be 21 years or older.
• Ability to carry, lift and move a 40 lb ladder.
• Able to comfortably facilitate at heights up to 40 feet.
• Must procure and pass an FBI Criminal Records Check.
• Must obtain Criminal and Child Abuse clearances for Pennsylvania.
• Must possess a current and valid driver’s license.
• Must pass a Motor Vehicle Record Screen (Outward Bound will process. Candidates must have a clean driving background to apply).
• Irregular work hours a
Work experience & Certifications
• At least 2 years of Outward Bound employment or 200 hours of documented or ACCT Certified challenge course and facilitation experience.
• At least 1 year in middle management with at least 3 employees / volunteers / work crews.
• Strong organizational skills with experience coordinating large group programs of 50-120 participants.
• Demonstrate flexibility and effective communication with program staff.
• Knowledgeable on ACCT standards and AEE accreditation requirements.
About Philadelphia Outward Bound School
Outward Bound is an international educational movement dedicated to the belief that people are capable of far more than they know. Founded in 1992, the mission of the Philadelphia Outward Bound School (POBS) is to change lives through challenge and discovery. POBS operates in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and northern Delaware, and is one of eleven regional Outward Bound schools in the USA.
A robust non-profit educational organization, POBS engages thousands of youth and adult participants in experiential programs that inspire character development, leadership, and community service. All programs, whether single-day or multi-day, are designed to support participants in realizing their true potential.