The Equipment Warehouse Manager oversees the daily operations of servicing, issuing and maintaining equipment used for a diverse array of programming at Prescott College. The range of equipment spans from rock climbing, rafting, skiing, mountaineering, sea kayaking and various camping equipment. In collaboration with the Director of Field Operations, the equipment manager develops an annual budget to meet curricular objectives and follow a sustainable turn over retirement schedule for all equipment. The manager will also mentor and supervise student employees each semester who support the manager as warehouse technicians. This position maintains primary responsibility for the daily operations of the warehouse and its functions. As a service to students and employees, the Warehouse Manager’s role is integral in supporting the success of academic programming across the college
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned
• Works in collaboration with the director of field operations to track, maintain, repair, replace, purchase, and eventually dispose or retire equipment and supplies and prepare an annual budget to facilitate the purchase of new equipment.
• Tracks equipment usage, tests equipment, and replenishes supplies as needed.
• Researches products and determines most appropriate purchases to meet the varying needs across all of Prescott Colleges programs while staying within budgetary restrictions.
• Maintains a comprehensive, detailed inventory of age/condition of all equipment to determine cycling of inventory based on issues including wear, tear, lost, broken and safety.
• Inspects and coordinates proper cleaning repair and restocking of all equipment.
• Trains faculty and students on proper use of equipment during check outs.
• Oversees faculty and students on proper cleaning of equipment at check ins.
• Inspects equipment during check in to maintain safety and timely repairs.
• Trains, Mentors and Supervises Student Employees
• Works closely with the director of field operations to update policies and procedures related to equipment use and the issuing of certain equipment.
• Maintains a clean and safe warehouse, while collaborating with the Facilities Department when necessary.
The Ideal candidate:
• Possesses an in-depth knowledge of equipment used in various outdoor pursuits such as rock climbing, white water rafting, skiing, kayaking, mountaineering, and backpacking through extensive personal experience.
• Has a high level of enthusiasm for outdoor equipment and is knowledgeable about current gear trends in the field, best equipment, and conducts product research on a regular basis.
• Finds joy in organization and has an eye for detail
• Is technically minded and
About Prescott College
It is the mission of Prescott College to educate students of diverse ages and backgrounds to understand, thrive in, and enhance our world community and environment. We regard learning as a continuing process and strive to provide an education that will enable students to live productive lives while achieving a balance between self-fulfillment and service to others. Students are encouraged to think critically and act ethically with sensitivity to both the human community and the biosphere. Our philosophy stresses experiential learning and self-direction within an interdisciplinary curriculum.
Prescott College sets the standard for academic excellence through experiential, collaborative education that transforms diverse learners into leaders who make a difference while making a living. Committed to social justice and environmental sustainability, we serve local and global communities through innovative and intellectually adventurous liberal arts and professional programs.