Lifeguard I is an entry-level position responsible for ensuring visitors have a safe and enjoyable recreational experience. Work is performed primarily outdoors under various weather conditions. Applicants must be available to work weekends, evenings and holidays as scheduled.
Starting Pay $18.50 per hour
Duties generally include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor swimmers, either on shore or in a stand
• Monitor beach and surf conditions
• Participate in daily or weekly skills trainings, which may include daily physical training, swimming and skills testing -Maintain beach area and equipment
• Provide information and assistance to visitors
• Respond to emergencies, making rescues as situations allow
• Applicants must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Work can be physical in nature, requiring the ability to walk and stand for long periods of time, lift and carry heavy objects, do repetitive bending and stooping, and climb ladders
Must be currently certified by a national agency in Lifeguard Training, First Aid and CPR, as well as pass a physical evaluation, swim test and written test. Candidates may be certified after hire, however continued employment is contingent upon certification prior to May 1.
Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age
About Sandy Point State Park
786-acre Maryland State Park is located along the northwestern shore of the majestic Chesapeake Bay. Top attractions are swimming, boating and fishing.