Sonlight’s Backpack Guides take our groups out for 5-day treks at a time and are responsible for the organization, set-up, and clean-up of each trip. Working on a team of three, the guides rotate with two in the backcountry each week and the third doing preparation work at the camp. This contract is for May 23rd – August 13th, 2023.
WFR preferred, minimum of WFA required. Must be 18 and at least one year out of high school.
Staff need to be able to perform the essential functions of this position within the camp’s unique environment
● Rustic terrain and shared cabin accommodations.
● Daily activity takes place at an altitude of 8,000 feet, can be strenuous at times, and physical activities may take staff up to 13,000 feet
● Community-living in camp with high social interaction
● Ability to read a map, compass and use GPS to lead group confidently
● Trip preparation and other camp work when not in the backcountry
● Clearly articulated Christian faith and lifestyle
● Backpack experience at 8,000-13,000 feet
● Good character, integrity, and adaptability
About Sonlight Adventures
Sonlight Adventures works to help young people experience God’s creation and nature through 5-day wilderness backpacking programs in southern Colorado.