It’s no secret that being a mountain guide is an exciting career and our internship position will give you the opportunity to join the ranks. SYMG’s internship program offers the opportunity to “cut your teeth” alongside seasoned mountain guides and professional office staff from an industry-leading company. Interns who are quick learners, show initiative and who interact well with the general public are best suited to take advantage of SYMG’s program. The program can be catered to address specific needs for university credit.
• Assist with marketing, permitting and other office-related duties
• Assist with gear and inventory related duties
• Assist with trip preparation and de-prep
• Assist guides on trips with paying clients
WHAT IS PROVIDED:
• Mentorship in all aspects of the industry, including guiding, sales, office operations, etc.
• Participation in SYMG’s 6-day Guide Training Course
• Shared company housing
• Fuel costs for company work
• $400 p/mo stipend
• Current WFR/CPR
• Interns typically work from May 1-Sept 30, although exact dates are flexible
• Reliable vehicle
• Cell phone
• Strong work ethic
About Southern Yosemite Mountain Guides
Southern Yosemite Mountain Guides is one of North America's premier active travel & guiding services. Founded in 1991 and based outside of the south entrance of Yosemite (Oakhurst/Bass Lake), SYMG specializes in backpacking, stock-supported trekking, rock climbing and natural history trips. We operate primarily in the Sierra Nevada, from Yosemite south through Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks. We are proud to have been named "Best Outfitter on Earth" and "Best Adventure Travel Company" by National Geographic Adventure Magazine. SYMG typically employs 15 guides during the summer guiding season. Full time guides average 20 days of work per month in the high season with irregular schedules.