Live Your Passion. Add Your Magic.
At Montage International, we are doing something different, something exciting and it takes passionate people to bring our vision to life. We have built a culture that leads with the important notion we live by every day; do what you love. If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
We welcome applicants with disabilities and provide reasonable accommodations as needed to our applicants. Please discuss with our hiring managers during our selection processes.
OUTDOOR ADVENTURE GUIDE:
Excellent Service is at the heart of what we do here at Spanish Peaks Mountain Club. Our team knows our associates are our best asset, and we treat our associates as we do our members: with kindness, humility ,and respect. Managed by Montage International, Spanish Peaks is a private community situated on 3,500 acres nestled at 7,700 feet in stunning Big Sky, Montana. We are about 40 miles away from Bozeman, Belgrade, and West Yellowstone, MT.
The Outdoor Adventures Guide assists with the daily operations of the Youth & Outdoor Adventures Department including but not limited to Youth Programs and Events, Club Activities, and Mountain Activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The job duties for this position include, although are not limited to:
● Facilitate Outdoor Adventure Activities & Events for participants of all ages,
ability levels, and backgrounds
● Maintain high standards for safety and risk management both front and back
● Be able to operate independently with minimal supervision in high-risk situations
● Be able to effectively guide backcountry programs in the Montana wilderness
● Maintain a high level of knowledge on outdoor technical skills, safety practices,
and local ecology to elevate member experiences on trips and tours
● Be able to create positive member experiences through effective communication,
confidence in programming, and approachability
● Provide basic instruction for Outdoor Technical Skills ranging from lessons, static
archery courses, backcountry trips, Yellowstone National Park Tours and more.
● Assist in rental program and ensure proper maintenance of program equipment.
This includes fly fishing equipment, winter nordic and snowshoe equipment and
maintaining a fleet of mountain bikes for summer use
● Must be able to work outside normal operating hours for early morning and late evening
● Maintain industry standards for safety, risk management and emergency action specific to
● Ability to coordinate with other departments on scheduling and events.
● Support in trail maintenance and sign installation for on-site trail system including the use of power tools such as chainsaws, drills and various hand tools
● Ability to drive golf carts, side-by-sides, dirt bikes, and ATV’s as needed to reach remote areas of the property
● High Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
● High Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred
About Spanish Peaks Mountain Club
Spanish Peaks Mountain Club - Big Sky Montana