Thelma Hut seeks a qualified and enthusiastic nature-lover to host guests, cook and clean at our full-service private hut in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado. Schedule varies from 2 to 5 days per week, primarily weekends. Hiring for summer and winter seasons. Keeper resides on site for duration of guest stay in private quarters; shifts start/end at noon; active work period approx. 6:30 – 10:00am and 3pm – 8pm. Plenty of off-time for hiking, trail running and backcountry skiing in winter. Management role available.
• Hospitality, restaurant and/or cooking experience preferred
• Friendly, outgoing manner with excellent guest service skills
• Ability to work independently while coordinating/communicating with next scheduled host and management
• Strong interest in backcountry activities and hosting
• Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds, carrying supplies to/from hut, shoveling snow (winter) and living at 11,200’ elevation
• Ability to follow recipes and hut operational manuals
• Wilderness First Responder or First Aid Training preferred
• Food Safety Training preferred (ServSafe Certification or similar)
About Thelma Hut
With easy access from U.S. Highway 550, this private off-grid hut sleeps eight in modern-rustic style. Surrounded by the San Juan National Forest, Thelma Hut is the perfect launch pad for outdoor adventures and/or indoor relaxation and tranquility. With spectacular views, this property has unparalleled access to amazing back-country terrain in the winter and world class hiking, mountain biking and trail running in the summer. Fully hosted with a culinary focus on high-quality food and natural ingredients.